I don't normally shave my legs but these legs needed to be smooth.
As I said in the last post, the legs were roughed out so now it was time to smooth them. I used my thickness planer to properly size them but now it was time to get to the hand tools.
I took my Bevel Up Smoother and after testing grain direction, I went to work trying for a tearout free surface. It's amazing how smooth the wood is after a few passes. I worked all 8 legs (4 legs each for 2 desks) until I had nice smooth surfaces on all sides.
I need to update my plan and determine the width of the aprons and the height of the drawers. Once that is done, it's time for layouts including mortise locations, taper starting point and such.